Monday, August 27, 2012

Almond Milk

 I am constantly on the look out for more things to eat and make my life easier and healthier!  I put it off thinking it would take too long to make my own ranch dressing.  Silly me.  It was so easy.  Ranch dressing from scratch made with canola mayo and almond milk.  Tastes so good.  It is quite runny.  I may add some Xanthan gum next time.  It was a nice touch to my meal with no side effects. 

Today I had my teeth worked on.  I can't eat much yet.  I decided to make a peach smoothie with my almond milk.  It was so good and I got to make it just for me.  No one else is  home right now.  Ahh- school is in session!  I love my kids but we all need breaks!  I just used half a quart bag of frozen peaches, 1 tsp vanilla, and enough almond milk to make it smooth.  I had home grown and packed peaches.  They are probably sweeter than store bought.  A bit of sugar, honey, or agave would sweeten it up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment